Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kovy Contract Rejected

Ilya Kovalchuk entered into a 17-year contract with the New Jersey Devils a couple of days ago. I posted a couple Tweets about how I didn't agree with long-term contracts. Those long-term contracts are absurd, in my opinion. It all started with Ovechkin entering into a 12-year contract with the Washington Capitols, as far as I recall. That's just too long. Far too many ..what's the word?..uncertainties exist. I believe contracts need to be limited to a maximum of four years.

Anyways, a couple of hours ago on 7/21/10, the NHL rejected Kovalchuk's contract due to "circumvention of the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement).

Here is the link to the Bill Daly's, NHL Commissioner, statement regarding this event:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=534725&navid=DL|NHL|home


(Couldn't get the link to properly work within this post...)

No comments:

Post a Comment