Thursday, April 8, 2010

Strange Feelings for Wings Fan

This has been the strangest season for me and my beloved Detroit Red Wings. For the first time in 17 years, there was concern about whether or not the team would make it into the playoffs. It was a totally bizarre feeling. :? At the same time, it has been very exciting. Since the 2010 Olympics, the Wings have given us some of the best hockey to watch. Tying goals in the last two seconds of the game, winning goals in the last .2 seconds of OT. Wow...It's been great.

It's just so unusual to look at the top 8 or 9-seeded teams and see Detroit in anything but the top 3. Having to be concerned about which team is up or down a few points is a trip. I found myself wanting to see NSH, CGY, LA and CO lose so that they do not knock my Wings out of contention. (Well, I have liked seeing CO lose since the late 80's..:) Some grudges and rivalries are hard to forget. :)) It has been a very bizarre regular season. Fun, but bizarre.

The players are overcoming injuries at just the right time. :) Let's hope it stays that way.

GO WINGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment