Thursday, February 4, 2010

NHL Live! concerns

When I first started watching the show, it was great entertainment and hockey information. EJ Hradek and Don LaGreca were the co-hosts. The show was a total joy to watch. Then..EJ left. LaGreca left…

The NHL season started this year (2009-2010 season) with both EJ and Don back. It was great. However…

Now we (viewers) don’t know who the hosts will be. Personally, I don’t get much enjoyment out of listening to Stan Fischler. I understand he’s popular with the New York crowd, however.

Rob Simpson, for some reason, just doesn’t cut it for me. EJ can come up with some good ones, but he’s not on all the time. Deb Placey is knowledgeable, but she interrupts people too often. (She has gotten better, though).

I turn NHL Live! on, but it’s mainly as a background. (It used to be my main focus for the entire NHL Network broadcast). It’s not that entertaining anymore. The screen is just far too difficult for me to read, as I mentioned in a previous post.

When I see someone interesting come on, I’ll watch. I missed someone from Versus on the other day, however. I wonder if they were discussing the fiasco with DirecTV. It better be worked out by the time playoffs come around. I’m already ticked off about the current situation.

It’s a shame….

No comments:

Post a Comment